Girls Night Salsa | Peach Salsa With Chipotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce

7:29 AM Unknown 0 Comments




My friend had a girl's night at her house this past weekend.  Everyone came with a dish.  I love to cook for my friends.  I like to see people's face when they are eating my food.  Also when you cook I feel someone else should clean.  Cooking for yourself you're stuck cleaning the dishes.  Who wants that?! Not me, lol.  This simple dish was the best of both worlds.  I was able to prepare a meal and show my love for food.  Plus this one bowl dish was very easy clean up.  

I know many people love to cook from scratch and I applaud them.  I'm a city girl on a budget and using food from a can offers a fast and affordable way to cook.  Any of the canned ingredients can be substituted for fresh items.  

1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes.  (I used the store brand with basil, garlic and oregano)  

1 14.5 oz can sliced stewed tomatoes ( I usd the store brand with onions, celery and bell pepper) 

1 1/2 cup of canned sliced peaches.  ( chopped | I used the store brand)  

1 7.5 oz  can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce ( I used San Marcos brand)

1/2 of a large red onion (chopped) 

1/4 of cilantro brush (finely chopped) 

I didn't add any additional seasons because the the tomatoes came in varies seasons. 
   
Mix all context into a large bowl.  Stirring with a large spoon.  Stir gently as to not mash the ingredients. 

You can add lime if desired.  I didn't want overstep the smokiness from the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce which was the star of my salsa.  

This salsa can be served alone with chips or used a topper for tacos.  Another guest at girl's night made rice with ground beef and many added the salsa to that.  I hope you enjoy this budget friendly spicy dish.  It's #fatgirlapproved! 











0 comments: