All things Garner Style | My interview with Chastity Garner Valentine

12:22 PM Unknown 0 Comments


I had the good forture of chatting with Chastity of GarnerStyle.blogspot.com.  Chastity is arguable one of the top plus size fashion bloggers.  Before meeting her she was my BFF in my head.  She super sweet and has offered me advise as a blogger that I very much appreciate.  I first meet Chastity in 2014 at a meet and greet she hosted but I followed her blog long before that.

I reach out to Chastity for an interview about all the big things she had coming up.  We ended up talking about everything from rent to Empire.  So much that I don't know what to add or take away.  So I'm going to focus this post on the two big events happening currently.  theCurvyCon and the Rebdoll holiday collection.  



We chatted about her second annual plus size celebration event call theCurvycon.  theCurvycon is a now two day event curated by Chastity and her Curvycon partner CeCe Olisa of plussizeprincess.com.  Chastity shared that theCurvycon started as a conversation her a CeCe had.  The idea lit fire after the creator of Full Figure Fashion Week announced that 2014 would be the last year for the plus size fashion event.  FFFWeek didn't end and now plus size fashionistas have more options to when it comes to conference style events.  I talked about these events in a post Plus Size Week in NYC.  2015 theCurvycon included speaks such as Amber Riley and featured bloggers like Gabi of GabiFresh.com.  theCurvycon 2016 ticket currently available are teal and general with platinum already being sold out.  You can use the link here to get more information on theCurycon.  


We also spoke about her latest collection.  This is Chastity second time teaming up with the good people at Rebdolls.  The first was a Summer collection that was classic Chastity.  You can see my thoughts on the first GarnerStyle for Rebdolls collection.  In seeing the holiday collection available now I can see Chastity in every piece.  This 13 piece collection ranges from tops and pants to skirts and jackets.

In speaking with Chastity she stated she wanted to push plus size fashion toward higher end of fashion.  I can see that with the Limited  edition "FEATHER FANTASY SKIRT"made of a scuba underskirt and hand sewn rooster feathers.  It's higher on the price point however Chastity was clear in saying "This is what we (plus size women) need."  She went on to say.  Higher end designers are making the clothes we want because of cost and she glad the Rebdolls was willing to step out and create some speciality items.  You can view the full holiday collection here!






            





Do you like the Garner Style for Rebdolls holiday collection? 

Are you going to theCurvyCon

Reply here or chat me on Twitter @FatGirl_Fashion



XOXO Toya



0 comments: